About this Policy
What to read first
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy which adheres to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act):
Use and Disclosure
We only use personal information for the purpose which was requested of us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities. We will not provide your personal information to other entities or bodies, or any other party unless one of the following applies (as per and in line with APP 6 – use and disclosure of personal information):
- You have consented.
- You would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities or bodies (for more information, see subclause 6.2).
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
- It may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
Quality of Personal Information
We do what we can to keep your personal information up to date and accurate at all times as this allows us to deliver a better service to you. If any information we have for you needs to be corrected, you can contact us via email@example.com.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. These steps include password protection for all of our IT systems. While we cannot share with you details of our entire security system for safety reasons, if you have any questions, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When no longer required or requested by you, all personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
Access and Correction
If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code, you can contact us at email@example.com or via another option below.
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner on the details below: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
How to Contact Us
We understand that your personal information is important to you and are thrilled that you made it this far! If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Address: Rentvesting Pty Ltd, PO BOX 615, Carina, QLD, 4152
At Rentvesting Pty Ltd we do things a little differently. For starters, we take a great deal of care when we handle your personal information and we do so in line with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that can be found at the OAIC website (www.oaic.gov.au).
What does Personal Information mean?
How is my Personal Information Collected?
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities that on the whole create a better user experience for you at www.rentvesting.com.au.
We do not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
How do you use my Personal Information?
The main way we collect personal information is through you directly or through your authorised representative. That is, when you visit us at www.rentvesting.com.au and submit your personal information or request your personal information to be used (i.e. by subscribing to an email newsletter).
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
Your personal information may be collected through the following services that are used on our website:
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our functions or activities under the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act), and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes.
Is my Personal Information Stored Securely?
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.